Our doctors fees are set according to The Australian Medical Association (AMA) guidelines and are reviewed on an annual basis.
TasGynae will process your fees and forward them to Medicare to facilitate any reimbursements and payments you may be entitled to. Please ensure you have your Medicare card on the day of your visit including information on your private health cover details.
Accounts are to be paid on the day of your consult. Administrative charges may apply to late payments and cancellations.
Obstetric related fees
- An initial consultation fee charged at your first antenatal visit
- Follow up antenatal visits throughout your pregnancy
- A pregnancy management fee paid between the 20th and 30th week of your pregnancy. There is a different fee for shared care obstetrics
- Any ultrasounds done, including a pregnancy dating scan incurs an additional fee
- Your delivery fee is charged directly to your private health insurer
There may be a charge for your stay at Launceston General Hospital after the birth of your baby. This is paid directly to the Hospital. Please enquire about this with the Private Patient Revenue department at Launceston General Hospital.
Our staff will inform you of the costs involved, including out of pocket expenses and any rebates you may be entitled to. Pregnancy related charges will be mailed out to you.
Gynaecology consults and procedures
There may be multiple item numbers in a single consultation depending on whether procedures were done at the same sitting.
- An initial consultation fee charged at your first gynaecological visit
- Subsequent follow up visits for review
- There is a charge for Colposcopy. Our staff will inform you of any out of pocket expenses
- Contraceptive procedures - Implanon and Intra uterine devices - Copper IUD, Mirena IUD
- Endometrial biopsy using a pipelle
- Pessary costs for prolapse management
- Neotonus chair referral and visits
Surgical procedures for privately insured patients
- There is an out of pocket expense paid at our Rooms when you book for your operation at St Vincent's Hospital
- Patients on the public wait list for procedures at Launceston General Hospital are not charged an out of pocket fee
In addition to the above, you will need to enquire about your Anaesthetist's fees. Our staff will be happy to direct your enquiries to the relevant anaesthetic providers.